The Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation
Be a part of invigorating and inspiring Australia’s Indigenous art legacy, culture and the lives of over 2000 artists, in over seventy communities from across Australia.
DAAFF takes no commissions from works sold from our Art Centres, so we rely on your generosity to continue to support remote communities to not only survive, but to thrive.
We welcome you to join the DAAFF family and become:
- A daafFRIEND for a donation of $120 or $10 per month
- A daaf1000 member for $1,000 or $84 per month
- A daafCHAMP for $5000 or $417 per month
- Or give whatever you can to support us
Donations $2 and above are Tax Deductible
Becoming a daafFRIEND involves a donation of $120 per year and in recognition of your support, the foundation will provide you with:
- A tax-deductible receipt
- Email updates throughout the year that share exclusive news about our annual program, participating Art Centres and our satellite events
- An invitation and complimentary entry to DAAF’s VIP Opening Ceremony and Industry Preview at the Darwin Convention Centre (2021)
- Opportunities to buy tickets to DAAF events before the general public
daaf1000 members will contribute directly to the Foundation’s initiatives and develop new, innovative professional development opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Centres, Arts Workers and artists.
We ask that all daaf1000 members donate $1,000 in this annual giving program (tax deductible and payable annually or monthly). This is a monthly donation of $84!
In recognition of your support, daaf1000 members will receive:
- Email and online updates, including exclusive news on opportunities to get involved
- Written daaf1000 acknowledgement in DAAF Program
- 2 x invitations to our Supporter Cocktail function (2021)
- 2 x invitations to the VIP DAAF Opening Ceremony and Industry Preview (2021)
- Access to pre-sale tickets (get the best seats in the house during the priority booking period) to From County to Couture. (2021)
In recognition of your support DAAFF will offer the opportunity to:
- Personalised email up-dates, including exclusive news & special offers
- Written daafCHAMPS acknowledgement in DAAF Program and on website
- Invitation (+ guest) to DAAF Breakfast & Bump-in with Art Centres & Arts Workers at Darwin Convention Centre. This will offer you the exclusive opportunity to see the artworks as they are unpacked by their Art Centres!
- Four VIP invitations to DAAF’s Opening Night Preview at the Darwin Convention Centre
- Invitation (+ guest) to our Supporter Cocktail function with the DAAF Chair, Board Directors and Executive Director after the VIP Opening Ceremony
- VIP seating for four people to attend ‘From Country to Couture’ – the DAAFF Fashion Show
Recent DAAF News
We chat to curator Jessica Clark, a proud Palawa woman with English, Irish, Turkish, and French ancestry, who currently lives and works in Naarm, Melbourne…
Taking a moment to have a yarn and walk in someone else’s shoes can help us understand different perspectives and reflect on how we can work together. In this series, we’re connecting with people from across DAAFF’s community to learn and share in some of their knowledge about the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts industry and DAAFF’s role within it. Today we chat to Art Centre Manager Joann Russo, who works out of Girringun Aboriginal Art Centre in Far North Queensland.
Words | Camilla Wagstaff
Image Credit: Josephine Mick paints at Kutjanu...